- Face Reading
- Spiritual Healthcare
- ACMI Press
- We Are Not Meant To Die
Gerald N. Epstein, MD, is one of the foremost practitioners of integrative healthcare for healing and transformation. Trained as a Freudian analyst, he abandoned this direction in 1974 to study therapeutic uses of the imagination under the guidance of Madame Colette Aboulker–Muscat in Jerusalem. Dr. Epstein has taught and lectured throughout the U.S. and the world. He has appeared on and been featured in/on national television, nationally syndicated radio shows, magazines, newspapers and websites, and new this year, social media (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube).
Dr. Epstein is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Mt. Sinai Medical Center and taught at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons. He continues to train health care practitioners in his GEMS model privately and at his American Institute of Mental Imagery (AIMI).
Since then, he has been a pioneer in the use of mental imagery for treating physical and emotional problems. As his work evolved over the years, he has become a leading exponent of the Western spiritual tradition and its application to healing and therapeutics. He and Dr. Elizabeth Barrett launched the Power Imagery Process (PIP) an online program and corporate workshop and for self-development and change. He also founded a New York-based adult education center to introduce the public to dream reading, group imagery process, the art of relationships, morphology, the sources of illness and hte remedies for them, Western spiritual medicine and other areas.
- In 1973, Dr. Epstein co-founded the Journal of Psychiatry and Law and served as its editor-in-chief until 1986.
- In 1980, Dr. Epstein edited Studies in Non-Deterministic Psychology, a leading edge collection of essays by authorities in diverse alternative directions in therapy.
- In 1981, as a result of his clinical experiences, Dr. Epstein wrote Waking Dream Therapy.
- Dr. Epstein authored Healing Visualizations in 1989, now considered the classic book on the therapeutic mental imagery.
- Inspired by the Bible and the Western spiritual tradition, he wrote Healing Into Immortality (1994), a clear account of the reasons and remedies for illness.
- In his 1999 book Climbing Jacob’s Ladder, Dr. Epstein takes the reader on an experiential journey through the Bible to find a way to spiritual freedom.
- In 2003 he published The Natural Laws of Self Healing, an eight CD audio set published by Nightingale–Conant, a full course in applied therapeutics of western spirituality in the healthcare field.
- Other CD sets by Dr. Epstein include The Phoenix Process, Emotional Mastery and The Secret the Secret Doesn't Tell You.
- In 2009 Dr. Esptein published Kabbalah for Inner Peace, a handbook of imagery for everyday problems.
- In 2012 Dr. Epstein edited and published the Encyclopedia of Mental Imagery, a treasury of collected imagery by his teacher Colette.
- In December 2014, Dr. Epstein gave the keynote address to the Annual Symposium of the International Board of Hypnotherapy in NM.
- His newest book, Love Trumps Death, will be released in 2017.
- Read his articles and research here.
Research: Dr. Epstein has conducted clinical research in the treatment of asthma through mental imagery, under the auspices of the National Institutes of Health, and has published two papers on this successful research along with Dr. Elizabeth Barrett and other colleagues. He recently completed successful research on the utilization of mental imagery to create coherence in heart rate variability with Dr. Kaplan at James Madison University of Virginia. Dr. Epstein is currently involved in a research study harnessing mental imagery to reduce stress in adolescents.
Consult/Practice: Dr. Epstein maintains a private practice in New York and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. See what clients/students say: Testimonials
Training/Classes/Lectures: Dr. Epstein is also Director of The American Institute for Mental Imagery, a post-graduate training center for healthcare practitioners. In addition, Dr. Epstein conducts classes and workshops in imagery, dreams and Kabbalah. He also lectures worldwide. Classes Private Consulation